Restorative Resolutions has a mission to share Restorative Practices with educators all around the world in an effort to help transform traditional educational systems into more caring and supportive communities.
Restorative Practices is an approach to discipline and relationship management that can transform the climate of a school and strengthen relationships between students; between teachers, students and their families; as well as between staff members, ultimately laying the foundation for improved academic and personal outcomes in education.
With a variety of offerings to choose from, we're sure you'll be happy working with us. Look around our website and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us.
Restorative Practices helps schools to create a restorative environment in classroom communities. It strives to promote community, acceptance, and belonging in a safe environment that works at strengthening relationships and repairing harm.
A Restorative Classroom:
- Develops Empathy (through reflection, insight, and learning)
- Enhances responsibility and accountability
- Supports positive behavioral change and the strengthening of relationships
Restorative Staff Community
Restorative Practices supports schools in building and strengthening the staff community. Staff will be introduced to how restorative practices can facilitate a positive staff community, improve work performance and result in a staff that is happier, more confident.
- boosts employee engagement
- maximizes staff potential
- increases accountability
- increases job satisfaction
- decreases staff turnover
- effectively confronts conflict and disappointments
Restorative Approach to Families
Restorative Practices helps schools to facilitate the healthy development and maintenance of relationships with families by creating a school community in which families feel welcome and respected.
A Restorative School:
- Consistently uses restorative practices in interactions with students’ family members.
- Values the contributions, knowledge and expertise of family members.
- Views all interactions with family members as opportunities to build relationships.
- Establishes genuine rather than token engagement of family members.